Sunday, November 02, 2008

Things I've Learned in Michael's First Week of Life...


1. It is perfectly NATURAL to want drugs when you are labor and it is OK to have them.
2. Modesty...What's that?
3. Vibrating chairs for baby = Sleep for Mommy
4. Dirty Diapers aren't as gross as I thought they would be.
5. I FINALLY understand why new parents ALWAYS talk about poop!
6. Brushing your teeth twice a day is optional.
7. Showers are only needed when you start to smell your own stench.
8. Doing things with one hand isn't as hard as I thought it would be.
9. A Nana that stays with you for a week after your first child is born to clean, take care of any baby that cries at 2:00 in the morning, and change dirty diapers is the best kind of Nana to have! (Thanks mom-we miss you!)
10. Once you feel OK to have people over, it is a great feeling to have your friends and family visit as much as possible.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Let me add to the list something I have learned in the first 5 weeks of Austin's life:
Never put on the shirt you plan to wear out until you are standing on the front porch. Babies sense clean laundry and instinctively know it poses a global threat and must be destroyed. For more on my time-hardened thoughts on parenting see my blog. :)