The cliffnoted version of what followed...
- Mom calls Party City to get an update on invitations-Party City Doesn't Answer
- Mom thinks Party City is closed-Shannon thinks mom has a serious case of FBSS (Female Bad Scenario Syndrome), it does run in our family
- Mom and I go up to Party City-in fact, they are closed (A mother's instinct is almost always correct!)
- Lots of phonecalls to lots of people
- Conclusion: After 5 weeks of waiting-Invitations were NEVER ordered by Party City!
- Enter: Bridezilla Shannon
- Invitations ordered-RUSH, should be here Friday
- Invitations not here on Friday-"apparently" UPS tried to deliver them on Thursday, but it didn't happen.
It is now Monday and yet, no invitations are in my hands. Am I stressed? Of course! Have I cried? Multiple times! Am I ready to throw down with some Party City employees? They should seriously watch their backs!